Sunday, July 22, 2012

Dresses!

Dresses are perfect for summer and come fall, pairing them with tights and a cardigan creates a super cute outfit perfect for the cooler weather.

This first dress I made using the pattern from the One Yard Wonder book.  Next time, I would adjust my measurements to make it a bit smaller because I had to take it in quite a bit, resulting in it being a bit lower in the back than I would have liked.  I love the pattern though of this fabric and it is a super comfy dress.


This next dress is my new favorite! I followed this tutorial.  It definitely took me longer than twenty minutes but that is always the case when trying out a new tutorial.  It is super comfy and the elastic makes it very forgiving.  It ended up being a little shorter than I had planned so next time I would add some extra inches to it and then cut/hem it shorter if it needs to be.  I think it looks like many of the dresses that are being sold in popular stores today.  I've gotten many compliments on it from people of all ages!



1 comment:

  1. It came out GREAT... love the fabric too! Thanks for trying out the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete