Sunday, July 22, 2012

Shorts!

My mom bought me the book One Yard Wonders and I have managed to make a few pairs of shorts following the pattern in the book.

The first pair serves as pajama shorts.  Monkeys are my favorite animal so I knew I had to buy this fabric when I saw it in the store.  I got a little lazy with the hemming of the bottom and only folded it up once instead of twice, so the rough edges are starting to fray but since the shorts are just for sleeping, it's not a huge deal.

I think they turned out super cute.


For this second pair, I wanted to add a lace detail that has been popular in shorts recently.  I adapted the pattern from the book but while doing so I seemed to have lost some width in the shorts so they do not fit as nicely as the first pair, but they still turned out quite nice I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment